Sunday, April 6, 2008

What I'm working on


Currently I am working on new sculptures for a show in the summer (as long as everything works out) So far I have finished 4 large pieces as well as the components for a mobile art piece. My other passion jewelry (primarily necklaces) has not only landed me a minor job teaching but I have started a new line of jump ring pieces. I'm really proud of myself for keeping up my art while I've been working part time at a craft and art store. Its strange but I almost feel like the constraints on my time to work on my own pieces has made me more focused and determined. My least favorite task of the day is going to be readjusting my prices on my own art stock. I have decided to remove my works from places that charge huge consignment costs so that I can offer a better value to my customers, (I never did feel right about having to double my prices to fill someone else's pockets.) I just completed the scarf that's highlighted in the picture, I was really impressed with how vibrant it turned out.
More later
Katie

No comments: