Wednesday, September 5, 2012

May 5th 2011

I was so happy to discover that I get to talk about this particular card today. These are zippers for anyone who cant quite see it of different hues of pink rose and wine. I had discovered these years ago in a discount store and had been holding on to them for this very card ( I just didn't know it at the time) I had seen a pamphlet at the hobby lobby the week before talking about all the wondrous things you can do with zippers and I thought I would just have to spend one of my days giving it a shot. May I note its only been 3 days and dots have made an appearance twice already! I cut, rolled and stitched the zippers into swirls and spirals and loops until I was fully satisfied with myself and adhered them to a card stock card with hot glue.
This card as well as several others took on such dimensionality that they had to be creatively stored so as to not smoosh or crunch other more delicate creations. I particularly love this viewpoint because it shows off the wonderful dips and curves that get lost in the straight on photo. My love for zippers had definitely grown since this particular project.

No comments: